The inspiring romantic spirit combined with the picturesque scenery, turbulent history and amazing cultural sights make Rome a perfect place for romantic couples looking for a majestic travel experience for all senses. That’s why we bring you some crucial tips for a perfect honeymoon in Rome.
1.Choose the best timing for honeymoon in Rome
If you don’t want crowds or bad weather to ruin your honeymoon, you should think about the ideal time for your honeymoon in Rome. Depending on the season, weather and business hours of shops and cultural places may vary. Since the tourist season reaches the peak from June to October, if you want to avoid the crowds and cold days, you should visit Rome from March to May – but still, don’t forget to take your umbrella!
2.Make the list of priority sites you want to visit
Any couple who’s ever traveled to Rome will tell you a week or 10 days definitely won’t be enough for you to explore all of its remarkable beauties. However, if you’re willing to spend some romantic moments in Rome, we’re bringing you a compass of the most incredible sights in Rome you shouldn’t miss:
- The diamonds of the Northwest Rome – Vatican and Saint Peter’s Cathedral
- The loveliest neighborhood in Southwest Rome – Trastevere
- The imposing historical monuments in Southeast Rome – Colosseum, Roman Forum, Old Rome
- The train station and commercial areas in Northeast Rome – Roma Termini
3.Don’t miss the rich offer of galleries and museums all around the city
The artistic couples will probably appreciate this tip the most, however, none of you should miss the chance of admiring some of the greatest artworks in the city.
Some of the museums and galleries that should have the top positions on your list are Museo Nazionale dell’Alto Medioevo, Maxxi, the National Museum of Art from the 21st century, Palazzo Altemps, Auditorium Parco della Musica, and CineCittá Studios.
4.Have a taste of Rome
There’s nothing that’ll complete your honeymoon in Rome like the exquisite Italian cuisine. While the sweet flavors of torta di ricotta, maritozzi and cannoli will take your romance to a higher level, the savory Quinto Quarto, Carbonara or pizza bianca will quench your hunger perfectly, even when it comes to the pickiest couples.
5.Get to know about transportation in Rome
We’re sure you don’t want to get annoyed on your honeymoon by not knowing the unwritten traffic rules in Rome and that’s why we’re giving you some helpful tips.
- First of all, you don’t want to mess with cars in Rome! Trust us. Avoid using a car to get your way through the city – it’s not only an expensive option but it also takes too much time. Even if you succeed in getting to the city center by car, you’ll be facing the nightmare of finding a parking spot. Choose a train, a bus or just leg it – it may be pretty romantic.
- The main transport option in Rome is a train and Roma Termini train station is the best place for you to catch the desired means of transport in any direction since almost all of the buses, airplanes, taxis, and trains pass near the station.
6. Don’t forget to book your vacation photographer
… so you can cherish your precious memories from this beautiful city forever.
At the end, each of the 300 fountains in the streets and squares of Rome, more than 900 churches, sunsets at Colosseum, kisses on the Spanish steps, views from the Tiber bridges, the incredible Vatican, the charm of the coins tossed to Fontana di Trevi, and dinners in Trastevere are only some of the reasons why Rome definitely is a perfect destination for an ideal honeymoon. Aren’t they?
All photos were taken by our local photographer Girolamo.
The Best Gift Ever?
Limited Edition with 100 USD Print Credit
You May Also Like
100% Money Back Guarantee
We believe in our service and quality of our photos so much that we decided to offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee for your photo shoot. If you don’t like your online gallery once we deliver it, you can contact us within 7 days and claim your money back. Find more details in our Terms.